Gordo

Another powder day in April?

Looks like we may get a powder filled weekend.  Mont Ste Marie, Camp Fortune and Tremblant will be open this weekend and maybe Mont Chilly.

Weather forecast for Mont Ste Marie

MSMApril2018.PNG

Wow the forecast looks great, especially for Sunday. 

I'm planning on hitting Sommet Saint-Sauveur on Saturday if all goes well.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Gordo
      Wow bonus powder day. I went up to Fortune right after work and it was snowing a little. By 4pm though it was a white out and would snow heavy for over three hours dropping 10cms. Every run was refreshed. We may be at peak snow pack.  This may have been my best night ski in a long while.  Conditions we perfect, everything was open and zero crowds. Hero snow, enough said.

You better have googles.

Hegg was open till 7pm

Tree paths/runs between Sparks and Bud Clark

Top of Heggtveit

This may have been a mistake. Chilly Poutine!

Killer night
    • By Gordo
      Welcome to the white room. 35cms of fresh light powder had fallen over night and it was still snowing when we arrived at Mont Ste Marie.  Only a single run was groomed everything else was left as virgin powder.  Total nirvana.  The temperatures were mild at around -5c and hardly anyone had made the hour drive up from Ottawa. In fact the lifts started a little late because there was so much snow to shovel out from the entrances and exits of the quads.  The new glades are killer and add so much to the terrain. Deep Purple and Vertigo fall through a steep pine forest before exiting at the bottom of Crescendo.  You enter the three runs (also the old Klotz trail) from the left of Formidable. I'll let the photos tell the rest of the tale. My legs were jello by last chair.  The best day of the year so far! 

Vertigo or maybe Deep Purple

Carroussel Glades

The entrance to Deep Purple involves a bit of trekking.