Gordo

Camp Fortune - December 16th, 2018

Hit the valley around 9:30 after passing a closed Skyline covered in whales of snow gun snow.  I'm sure it will open next weekend or sooner. Regardless it was a beautiful day with temperatures hovering around zero. The entire valley is now open with the exception of the T-bar runs.  Conditions were very decent for early season skiing with a good base of machine made snow. You could get a good carve on and zip down Slalom. The best snow was on Slalom, Pineault and Clifford.   Marshall had just opened and was a little rough with balls of groomer made crude. Clifford has a new line of moguls for those into that.  Overall a great day of skiing. 

IMG_20181216_100327474.jpg

IMG_20181216_105312490.jpg

IMG_20181216_105443705_HDR.jpg

IMG_20181216_110812490.jpg

IMG_20181216_112146223_HDR.jpg

IMG_20181216_112209304.jpg

Sounds like a great day! I'd planned to get up to Sauveur this weekend but a mild cold and the sheer magnitude of holiday decorating that I'm doing at home has kept me down. I'm surprised Skyline isn't open yet, figure they would have been making snow on there for a while now! 

Amazing snow conditions. The amount of snow and coverage on the mountain is beyond impressive. Very pumped and excited by the start of the season thus far.

Camp Fortune really knows how to be efficient and maximize the productivity of their snowmaking. Always leaves me in awe at how they quickly open up their entire ski terrain.

Camp Fortune just let us know via Facebook that...

Skyline opens Friday, December 21, which is about a week early, similar to last season. We have made lots of snow at Skyline and should open all the runs but Heg later this week. We will then move on to Meech as soon as temperatures drop again. We were focusing on A deep base on Skyline due to our January NORAM commitments.

Looking pretty sweet! Nice shots. The conditions this season so far have been really impressive from what I have seen and read. I haven't been out since Orford and itching to get out. No chances by pulling two consecutive double gig weekends with the band. Definitely looking forward to the holidays and getting some skiing in, if all goes as planned.