Gordo

Mont Chilly 2019 Opening Date

Mont Chilly may open next weekend.  Looks like they will also get another 10-15cm before Saturday Jan. 26th.

On Jan. 19th they posted this on their Facebook page:

Unfortunately, Mont Chilly will not be open this weekend (Jan 19-20). Please give us a call at 819-683-3595 to hear updates about opening next weekend.

Stay warm out there all you skiers and snowboarders. Only -31 on the thermometer here at Chilly this morning!

From Mont Chilly's Facebook site:

Mont Chilly will be open this weekend ( Feb. 23rd and 24th). Our opening hours are from 10-4. Conditions are looking great with 10cm powder on a soft base.

Please note that we accept only cash and that hot food is not available. Although there are drinks and snacks for sale. See you on the slopes!

https://www.facebook.com/MontChilly/ 

Mont Chilly open this weekend (copy from Facebook below)

Mont Chilly will be open this weekend ( March 2nd and 3rd). We are open from 10-4. The conditions this weekend are  soft granular on a firm base with some snow and sunshine in the forecast. 

Ticket prices are: 25$ for adult and 20$ for youth and children 5 years old and older.  

Please note that there will be no hot food but we do have a variety of drinks and snacks available for purchase. See you on the slopes!

Mont Chilly is open Thursday March 7th, my birthday! Dunno if I'm down for all those hours in the car that day though (I'm back in Mtl at the moment). 

@Gordo not sure I'll get to Ottawa area this weekend but you never know! I'll keep you posted if i can head in that direction myself.

New Mont Chilly update from their Facebook site:

"Hi all you skiers and snowboarders! We have some updates regarding extra days of operation in the upcoming weeks.

Mont Chilly is open tomorrow Thursday March 7th for all those Quebec march breakers!

We will also be open two days next week for the Ontario break. Please check back for updates as this will be weather dependent.

Mont Chilly will be operating on March 18th as well for some St. Patties day skiing?

If anyone needs further information please call 1(819) 683-3595. See you all on the slopes!"

@Ocean I'm going to Chilly this Sunday (March 10th) with my sister and friend plus BBQ. Should be fun.

@Gordo I'll let you know if I head there! Forecast says Jay Peak is looking good for Sunday but it's daylight savings this weekend so we'll see how early I start functioning! Also Nuit Blanche @ Bromont Saturday. If I'm in Ottawa Chilly would be reasonable for sure!

@Ocean I'll let you know if we go Sunday.  If there is rain forecast for Chilly will go farther north and hit Mont Ste-Marie.

Mont Chilly update on opening hours from their Facebook page:

Mont Chilly will be open tomorrow ( March 9th and 10th). Opening hours are from 10-4.

Conditions are soft granular on a firm base.

We will also be open this upcoming week on Tuesday March 12th and Wednesday March 13th. Opening hours from 10-4.

We are not serving any hot food but have a selection of drinks and snacks. Please keep in mind that we are cash only. See you on the slopes!

Chilly is still going strong with a late season storm Saturday/Sunday. 

From their Facebook site:

Freshie alert! With 20++ cm of beautiful new snow in the last 24 hours, it seems that winter is not quite over yet?❄️?Turns will be soft and deep with snow continuing to fall. See you all on the slopes!

Spring Skiing at Chilly

From their Facebook site:

Mont Chilly will be open April 6 + 7, 2019. Come check out some awesome spring skiing. open 10 to 4. Cash only. The kitchen is closed but we offer snacks and drinks. A bbq is available on the deck. See you on the mountain.

Mont Chilly is definitely having a better than average season this year. Great to see. Really a unique place to visit, only limited by natural snow fall, which is in abundance this year. 

For those in the region, you definitely owe it to yourself to check it out before it closes for the season. It's something different and unique indeed.