Gordo

Mont Tremblant - March 22, 2019

Well I had an airmiles ticket for Tremblant burning in my pocket and figured Friday would be the day.  The weather was looking a little suspect but while it rained in Ottawa, Tremblant got 15cms over night.  Heading out in the morning it was raining pretty hard but just after the turn off north on highway 323 it turned to snow and would snow for the rest of the day.  We arrived just past 9 after a easy drive.  What luck 15cms of semi-dense powder, no lines, no wind and temperatures around zero!  We did some north side trails before hitting the Edge for its 9:30 opening.  Conditions were amazing, so soft, so fun.  Later in the day things would get a little more sticky as the temps rose especially on the bottom half of the trails.  All 102 runs were open and we got our fill.20190322_134213.thumb.jpg.f18c93b0430cffaf6c18be2c7f4293b9.jpg  

20190322_091329.jpg

20190322_092032.jpg

The new Lowell Thomas Express Quad is fast.

20190322_095342.jpg

The Edge

20190322_095345.jpg

We hit a lot of untouched glades in the morning.

20190322_100439.jpg

20190322_100448.jpg

20190322_101414.jpg

20190322_111706.jpg

20190322_112708.jpg

20190322_115748.jpg

20190322_130939.jpg

Lunch at the Cabin mid mountain

20190322_134213.jpg

20190322_141809.jpg

20190322_143040.jpg

20190322_112804.jpg

20190322_092224.jpg

Wow, looks like you had the place to yourself in some of those photos! Still plenty of snow up there. Those glades look sweet too. Was it more lighter powder at the top and heavier wet stuff at the base? Nice day.

@Paul yes it’s was pretty quiet for a Friday powder day. I guess people thought it was raining not snowing.  The snow was a little heavy/sticky on the bottom half of the mountain.  A real work out later in the day.  

Always snowing at Tremblant. Glades look to be in great condition.

How do you like the new LTE lift and the expanded Grand Manitou summit chalet? Is there a big difference in space or is it still hard to get seats?

The LTE quad is great, super fast and smooth.  As you can see from the one photo inside the Grand Manitou it looked busy and Friday was there was no lines for the lifts.  I suspect on a weekend the lodge it still packed. I did lunch at the cabin midway down the mountain.  Much better vibe.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Gordo
      Yes Camp Fortune is closed for the season but there is still loads of snow on the hills even after the rainfest of the last couple days.  Since I missed the last official weekend I figured I better get my fix. Taking my snowshoe skis which have a built in skin under foot I climbed Sparks on the Skyline line side.  The main runs still have plenty of snow and even the north facing glades are skiable. I skinned to the top of Pineault then went down Paradis on the Meech side.  A quarter of the way down I ducked into the new but unnamed glade that feeds down under the lift and onto North American.  The trees were skiable and the snow was soft though there was loads of debris.  I then climbed up North American back up to Sparks via the Meech Crossing.  The final run was a quick blast down Sparks.  Thanks for a great season and remember to buy your Fortune season pass before the end of the month.  See you next year!

Lots of streams in the woods.

Sparks on the way up. 

North facing woods.

South facing woods.

Top of Pineault.

Top of Meech.

Paradis

Entrance to the glade off Paradis.

Under the Meech Lift.

All done.
    • By Gordo
      Made it up to Mont Ste Marie for one last spring rip.  The hour drive north from Ottawa was an easy one, though many fields were full of deer.  The coverage on the two mountains is still impressive with all of the 20 groomed trails still open.  Even the off-piste runs had good coverage but they were mostly closed. The snow was just to sticky in the glades.  The groomed trails ripped though.  The snow was soft and fast in the morning then became your typical spring skiing conditions in the afternoon.  I missed the sun of Saturday but with no wind and temperatures just over zero I couldn't complain.  Dustin Cook and Formidable were the best bets on the Cheval Blanc side. On Vanier Serenade and Tornade were great cruisers.  We ducked into the glades on Carroussel but the snow was so sticky that you had to hop turn to get through the trees, not recommended.  Had lunch at the bar where the food and service is always excellent.  Ripped down Cheval for a few more hours in the afternoon till we'd had our fill.  What a great season. MSM plans to be open April 12-14th and maybe even Easter weekend. Looks like snow is on tap for Tuesday!