Gordo

Powder Alerts 2019/20

Curses @Gordo I wish I had seen this post early early Thursday! The night at Saint-Sauveur was sticky and wet powder landing on crust, and it was pretty great but a bit sticky in some spots and crusty in others where there had not been a lot of skiers/riders. I wonder if Tremblant got slightly colder conditions and less sticky snow? Today (well, Thursday evening) at Saint-Sauveur by contrast was reasonably good coverage and very slick as the temps dropped.

Crazy snow at Mont Ste Marie. Seemingly knocked out Hydro Quebec power at the top of the mountain which forced the mountain to not open in the morning on Sunday due to the lift not being able to operate. (Not sure how that makes sense though as the lift is a bottom drive and not top drive). Not sure if it ended up opening later on in the day though.

@Shane MSM never opened on Sunday.  They have had a few power/lift problems over the years I wonder what's up.  I went up to Camp Fortune on Sunday and the conditions were great.

Yesterdays ice pellets turned to snow. Should snow all day today (Dec 31st) 12cm and counting at Camp Fortune, MSM, Tremblant and resorts near Gatineau.

Happy New Year!

9 hours ago, Ocean said:

Looks like Thursday may bring some good powder, not sure how much yet....

10-15cm possible Wednesday night/Thursday and also Saturday. Things are looking up!

Actually the conditions are pretty good right now in the Ottawa area. I was at Camp Fortune last night and the conditions were fantastic.

Looks like today is a Pow day.  17cm at Tremblant, 15cm at Camp a Fortune.  In my back yard it looks more like 25cms. 

F22D5718-DA94-4D0A-986D-0447C2ABD31B.jpeg

Yup so proud to have caught First Chair of the day....at Bromont Nuit Blanche at midnight. Pow time FTW!

Just about to get going today and trying to decide if I'll go to Bromont or Saint-Sauveur. I think it's finally time to take out my board!

Wind at Bromont so I went to St-Sauveur, and concluded that the townships got the most out of this storm.

Tremblant is reporting 21cms, Camp Fortune 13cms this morning and its still snowing.  Hot POW is up for grabs. 

From early reports, looks like there is something brewing for next Sunday. Possibility of a good old fashioned Nor'easter is on its way up the East Coast. If all comes to fruition, we may be in for a dump! Obviously long rage forecasts can change in a heartbeat. Keep an eye on this one. 

10 hours ago, Gordo said:

Tremblant is reporting 21cms, Camp Fortune 13cms this morning and its still snowing.  Hot POW is up for grabs. 

@Gordo yeah I'd say 21cm sounds about right. We got to St-Sau for the last hour of the day (curse you, traffic!!). The storm started around 4:20 in Mtl but didn't seem super abundant, but it must have been dumping at St-Sau because when we got there, it was already 15+cm on the ground and no icy spots underneath to be found whatsoever! It was challenging yesterday but pretty damn great. We both got there at 9, started by 9:10 and got in at least 7 runs on  the Sommet Express. Heading back tonight! 

@Paul sadly not in the models I'm seeing. The 10-15 cm storm anticipated for thursday is now gone altogether, and the weekend is calling for 1-3 and 2-5 cm now. :( let's hope you're right though :)