• Similar Content

• By Gordo
      Well we didn't quite get the snowmageddon that was hyped but the skiing at Camp Fortune was great regardless. 10cms of wet snow had fallen over night and it would snow heavy all morning bringing the total to close to 25cms by midday.  The drive was not great as highway 5 was like a cart track but it was worth the trek.  With temperatures around zero the fresh snow was heavy but you can't complain.  I managed to get fresh lines for a few runs on Heggtveit and Craigsmarc before moving to Meech and getting the first run after the Ski Patrol on the La Cache glade.  After several powder filled runs on the Meech side I moved to the valley.  The valley was quiet with the trick park closed off as well as Allen's Ally for a race. Slalom and Duffy had loads of fresh snow though. Back on Skyline things were clumping up fast but my legs were pretty much done by noon anyway.  On a sad note just after lunch Fortune had to close because of power issues.  Yesterday they were closed for a few hours in the morning because of a power outage.  Hydro may be cheap in Quebec but it sure its isn't reliable. 

Craigsmarc was a winter wonderland of fresh lines. 

First tracks on La Cache

Slalom was so smeary

Top of Duffy

Skyline at noon. Lots of space for all. 
    • By Gordo
      What a difference a couple weeks and a couple big snow falls make.  Mont Ste Marie was in peak "Winter Wonderland" mode on Sunday.  Over 10cms had fallen overnight and the snow would come down heavy the rest of the day.  The 1200ft vertical mountain was 100% open including all the glades.  The drive up was a little greasy and we got stuck behind a fleet of plows up oh boy was it worth it.  The steeps were deep and the glades were fresh.  What else can I say we got soaked and our legs were burned but we stayed till last chair. Get it while its good!

Dustin Cook is snowed in. 

Caroussel Sous-bois

Going into Deep Purple

Besty I think